15 January 2018

Nose fork tow-bar blocks

My mill is in the basement (heated) so I saved a lot of the small milling projects for the winter and this was a good day to start taking care of some of those things. Not that this was a hard project (nor does it require the mill) there was no reason not to have fun while fabricating.

I started by facing the blocks that were sent along from Vans.

I don't have a DRO on my mill (not yet) so Dykem and layout it was. I used a spotting bit to locate and start the 3/8" through hole.

You guessed it. I drilled a hole in the block. I did almost make a mistake here. I was about to counter-bore the hole to make it look a little more polished, but then I realized it is the actual bolt shoulder that the tow-bar (push-bar) is going to be attached to. 


After the through hole was in, I milled a set of parallel blocks to set the angles for the next four cuts. Complete.

No comments: