27 March 2018

MT 15" spinner clearance

Previously I measured and posted the distances from the spinner to the crank flange for the MT-12-B. The issue with the previous post was that I had assumed that the MT-12-B came with a 15" spinner to fit my showplanes cowl. Once I started to fit things I noticed that the diameters did not add up and the mistake was that the "default" when you order a 12-B prop is that it comes with a P-469-1 spinner. The correct part number for the 15" spinner is P-285-1-A. Also, because I special ordered mine as Matte Black, this is a no-stock item. :(

The difference is significant!


The new clearance measurement are inline with the trusty internet posts.
 

I have my starter ring gear off for the cowl fit/installation and I also took the spinner to cowl gap out of the mockup plate distance rather than putting spacers on the cowl. For my records here is my horrible hand writing tracking the crank flange to spinner distance. I may increase this gap to more than 1/8" but for now here is my mockup target number:



No comments: