06 August 2018

Fly EFII ignition mount

I went with the FlyEFII System32 ignition (dual). They have a nice bracket for the coil pack, but this makes a pretty hefty assembly that needs to be mounted. There are various things people have done to mount this pack and most of them include standard adel clamps. I wanted something a little heavier duty, because this is a pretty heavy assembly. I ended up finding a light bar mounting bracket off of House Tuning that worked perfectly. This is the standard 7/8 tube rubber isolated light mount.

The coil pack holes accept AN-4s but the light bar mounts are 3/8s (or maybe even 5/16s). I placed a mcmaster order for some bushings (under bearings at mcmaster) to take the 3/8s holes and adapt them. The bushings didn't fit, so I reamed out the holes.


And then shortened up the bushings a bit.


This allowed me to install the front two mount points of the coil pack right behind the aft baffle on the main cross bar.


This looks like it is going to be perfect for the plug wire spacing (at least I hope so because anything other than this is going to be kind of a pain.

The last thing to do is make one hard mount point for the aft of the coil pack going down to the angled bar. I will do that another day. I am either going to come down the the angle bar, or I am going to install one of the bar mounts facing aft and flush mount a screw through the coil pack plate. For now though, it is pretty dang solid.



No comments: