01 January 2019

Panel Layout

One of the most rewarding aspects about building your own plane is configuring the electrical systems and avionics just the way you want. While I am not Instrument rated right now, I fully intend to get my IFR ticket as soon as I free up some time by not building, but flying. Ideally, I would also perform my IFR training in my own 10. We will see how that works out. 

I will get into the 2 battery 2 alternator system I have installed in later posts, but I figured I would start with my actual avionics. I selected the following: Vertical Power VPX-Pro, x2 GDU460, 3 axis autopilot with a GMC307, GTN650, x2 GSU25, GMU22, GTR20, GTX45, GMA245, GEA24, ACK ELT and all of the components to have these packages work together. I am leaving my right panel open for a RAM ball mount for an iPad and I did install 3 mechanical backup gauges front and center.

These components are installed into a Aerosport 310 Panel with a throttle quadrant in the center console.


It is a bit of a mess right now, but the heart of this system is physically installed into N50412K.



No comments: