15 January 2018

MT Prop Governor

Not much to see here, other than my prop governor stud length... I installed the MT prop governor that I bought off of Todd. I have to do some digging to check on the length of the prop governor studs that came on my Thunderbolt. I know people typically have to install longer studs here, but I really feel like I would like to shorten mine up a bit. The gears lines up just fine, and there are threads a couple of threads into the governor flange so there is no need for my washer stack to be on there but I had other things that I wanted to get done today without rabbit holing into a broken stud. So I loosely installed this for the time being and will come back to address it later. I probably should have left it off, but I am in the mode of getting things out of boxes and onto the plane so I can clean up my inventory a bit.



Speaking of cleaning up the inventory, I ordered a top mount governor cable bracket with my show planes cowling. This lined up just as advertised. I did have to remove the fuel injector line to route it through the bracket, but other than that, everything looks great.





No comments: