29 November 2017

Eagle CAD

I really needed to get more of my electrical design done in order to make some decisions on wire pulls and panel configurations. I have access to Solidworks (as do all EAA members) and I started going down the path of expanding my electrical schematics from the Aeroeletric design repository. I think most people end up going down that path or even take the simpler approach of powerpoint. 

For me I draw a lot of electrical schematics and board designs for work and I typically use Eagle or other similar electrical design tools. I personally am more comfortable using CAD software in 3d (which doesn't make sense for electrical schematics). I am also much more comfortable in the organization and layout of electrical schematics in an electrical schematic tool (which for me makes debugging much easier).

So I decided to pay the upfront cost of using Eagle to layout my eletrical system. I started creating "packages" for all of my components so that I can appropriately make the pin connections.



I still have a lot of layout to do, but for the most part I have the rough components and pins built into my library now.

No comments: