01 December 2017

B&C OIL FILTER ADAPTER KIT and FS1-14B

With the engine still off it is a good time to get the backup alternator and 90 degree oil filter adapter. I ended up going with a Plane Power FS1-14B backup alternator. I am still working on my electrical system, but I am planning a two alternator two battery system. Only 1 alternator will be enabled at any given point in time and the selection will go back to a toggle on the panel for PRIMARY or BACKUP.

Original Oil Filter setup with the block off plate on the vacuum pad.



Removal of the block off plate



With the FS1-14B installed (temporarily)


There is actually a fair bit of room between the oil filter and the alternator. It does have me wondering if I need the 90 adapter or not. From the people who have gone down this path, it seems like everyone is on the same page that the oil filter without the adapter is a pain in the but to replace. It is just hard to see that at this point (when I have 360 access to the engine).


I already have the B&C adapter, although I did not purchase a space plate yet. I was not sure what size space I need so I figured I would fit everything up first and then take care of the spacer.















No comments: