08 May 2020

Registration

The time has finally arrived to start getting the plane ready from a paperwork standpoint. This week I began the registration process. Well, in reality, I started this process about a month and a half ago, but one of the required documents (8050-2 Bill of Sale) on a kit plane requires a signature from Vans aircraft. With COVID-19 in full swing, it took a couple of weeks to get the required ink signature from the VANS CEO for the bill of sale.



The second thing that took a while was my reserved N-Number. I swear I renewed it, but apparently the tail number that I had reserved (and I thought renewed) was no longer in a reserved status. While not necessary to wait for this to come in, I wanted to ensure that I did have the tail number that I wanted (as I had already laser engraved my panel). This actually took 4 weeks to get through the system.

With the reserved N-Number, a completed 8050-1, a signed 8050-2 from Vans, and a notarized 8050-88 Affidavit of Ownership, I sealed up an envelop and sent it to the FAA. Now we wait.

No comments: